Whether the Kneipp spa Bad Schandau, the fascinating Bastei area, the magnificent castles and fortresses or important cultural cities such as Dresden or Prague. Not far from our hotel, you can find impressing evidence of a turbulent past. And the culture of the present is not far away either.
Go on a discovery trip ...
Castles and palaces
In Saxony, there are over a thousand castles, palaces and historic gardens. We would like to introduce at this point 7 who can be reached from our hotel in a short time. Experience the many stories and legends surrounding our castles. Each of them has its historical characteristics and its distinctive flair.
A trip is always worthwhile:
- Fortress Königstein -The fortress in Saxon Switzerland
- Baroque Garden Großsedlitz - Play meadow for princes and kings
- Schloss Weesenstein - A royal castle
- Castle Stolpen - Medieval flair and the fate of a famous mistress
- Baroque castle Rammenau - Saxony's most beautiful rural baroque building
- Moritzburg Castle - Saxony's grandest water castle
- Schloss and Park Pillnitz - Hellenic splendor and exotic plants
Further information about the castles and palaces can be found here.
Stage, music and art
The Felsenbühne Rathen - Europe's most beautiful natural theater - is located in the Bastei area just below the hotel. But it is not the only thing the region has to offer artistically.
At the "Sandstone and Music" festival, classical music and sandstone merge.
The Richard Wagner sites in Graupa today not only accommodate the oldest Wagner museum in the world, but are also a regular venue for music and readings.
Monuments , museums and more
A variety of sacred architectural monuments decorate Saxon and Bohemian Switzerland. And the great Saxon organ tradition is also cultivated here.
Of course the museums of the region can not be forgotten. The theme spectrum ranges from regional history, nature conservation through everyday life in the GDR to the animal and plant world of prehistoric times.